Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Virgin Trip in Our Airstream Moho!

We finally did it.  We went camping this past weekend in our 1987 Airstream 345 motor home.  We've owned it for 2 years now and this is the first time it went camping.  We've been refurbing it mechanically all that time.

I left last Thursday and took wee Bear with me and drove up to Munds Park, Arizona.  My husband drove up on Saturday evening.  All worked well, except the plumbing, the cable tv hookup, the hot water heater, the dvd player....  Oh, yeah, we were camping! The shower flooded Saturday night as the gray water tank was full and I was not hooked up to the sewer system.  The cable tv hook up did not work so the wire was threaded through one of the screen windows.  The pilot on the hot water heater wouldn't stay lit, quick showers.  The dvd player had no power to it.

On a fibery note, I knitted a scarf for Hugs For Japan using Lanas Puras Melosa worsted weight yarn in the new Lettuce colorway.  It was perfect for this project!  There are more new colors coming soon!

I also spun up some more BFL for my Tour de Fleece project.  I'mm hoping to get some more spinning in before the event ends on July 24th.

I added some more rows to my Shipwreck Shawl.  I am now on row 107.

Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: