Saturday, December 29, 2012

Karen Sadow's New Year's Resolutions

I saw a blog from my friend Tina Sanders about her knitting resolutions for last year.  I found it very inspiring to see how her year started and what she was able to accomplish in one year' time.  I've decided that I would like to do the same for 2013.  So here is my list of fiber art goals for 2013.

First Priority!
Finish my Level 1 Master Knitter's  swatches

Then, in no particular order, I need to finish-
2 pairs of socks
2 sweaters- my own pattern
a dog sweater- my own pattern
Shipwreck Shawl
handwarmers- my own pattern
2 scarves on different looms
Finish spinning and plying some BFL fiber

Now, add to this list my desire list-
Design a bamboo and silk waterfall cardi
Design a mystery KAL for The Fiber Factory and then the public
Weave at least 2-3 projects on my floor loom
Weave at least 2 projects on my rigid heddle loom
Learn to do Fair Isle by making the Woodsy Collection hand warmers and the sheep socks
Get back to dyeing roving and yarn for resale.  I miss my dye pots.
Learn to dye cotton yarn for weaving

Get over to Texas to visit Cocoa and get out the 2012 fiber shares, which are waiting for her spring shearing.  Add a new critter to City Girl's Fiber Farm while I am there.

Many of my WIPs will end up on the new Ravelry forum - wine & cheese wip along

What's on your list for next year?

Regards,
Karen
One Planet Yarn and Fiber

No comments: