Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Introducing Neoknits Adina! Exclusive to OPYF. Pattern and kits now available.

Introducing Neoknits Adina!  Exclusive to OPYF.  Pattern and kits now available.








Introducing Adina:

Light and drapey with an interesting construction, Adina is the perfect autumnal cardigan. This clean and modern cardigan is well suited for weekend getaways or early autumn evenings. Worked on larger needles in fingering weight yarn, the fabric is open without being sheer. Neat rolled edges are kept in place with spots of ribbing and the placket and neck trim is worked at the same time as the body. Finally, an eyelet pattern finishes the cardigan at the yoke.

When I sketched out the idea for Adina, I wanted a cardigan that was loose and flowy on the body. I achieved this look with a box like shape that, when hanging, it forms a handkerchief like hem. Madelinetosh tosh merino light was an obvious choice for the fabric of the cardigan. Although the yarn is on the thinner side, knitting it up on a larger needle makes the fabric light and drapy. Using a larger needle also helps speed up the knitting process!

Originally, Adina did not have any stitch interest at the yoke. I had intended this design to be all about the shape of the cardigan and I was going to work it entirely in stockinette stitch. But as I was knitting, I felt it needed a little something to keep my attention. I chose a simple reverse stockinette eyelet stitch that adds a bit of texture (and knitting interest), but still allows the silhouette to speak for itself.

No comments: