Saturday, June 23, 2012

One Skein Fun - Fickle Knitter Patterns

I came across the Fickle Knitter last year when we were headed out if town at the end of the summer. I was looking for a one skein project that I could take a long on the trip with me.  I did a search on Ravelry and found Michelle Miller, the Fickle Knitter.  I purchased her pattern called Flambe and off I went with a skein of Ella Rae stash.  I loved the pattern.


This past January Michelle was set up at the TNNA show.  I purchased a book of patterns from her and put it aside when I got home.  Then, last month I did a trunk show at The Fiber Factory.  I brought along several items that I have knitted that would work up in one skein of Madelinetosh yarns.  Although my Flambe Shawl was in Ella Rae, several people were interested in the pattern.

I got on the phone and called Michelle.  She promptly sent me the following patterns.  All use only one skein of yarn.  Most are fingering weight.  These are all great projects and I know I will have to do a few of them.  I love the Mama Janes pattern.  It uses a dk weight yarn.  May need more than one pair, and my daughter is peeking over my shoulder to look at the pictures.

Happy Stitching!
Regards,
Karen
OPYF
 









No comments: