Friday, June 22, 2012

Something You Might Like - Trip to Philly

May 30th my daughter and I went back to Philadelphia for my niece's Bat Mitzvah.  We only had a few hours to ourselves over the 6 days we were there.  Before I tell the story, my niece did a fantastic job.  There was so much more involvement for the Bat Mitzvah than there was when I was little.  Brava!
Boathouse Row
 Wednesday and Monday were travel days so we spent the rest of the time packing in sights and sounds.

Thursday we drove to Ocean City, New Jersey where my daughter had her first ever taste of the Jersey shore and a real boardwalk.

A real rest stop!  We don't have these out West.


Making Fudge











Ballroom




Under the Boardwalk




Friday we went in to town and wandered through the Reading Terminal Market and a small part of downtown so my daughter could drop in at the Apple store and check her work emails. Aunt and Uncle came up Friday afternoon and then Friday night was a family night and services.

Breakfast
















Friday night we spotted this car in the parking lot before services.  We figured out who it belonged to once we were inside.  His wife is an avid needlepointer and she had made the kippah for her husband.  She also crafted individualized kippahs for my brother and my niece.
Cousins came in from out of town on Saturday morning.  We all met up for the Bat Mitzvah and brunch, home for naps and then hoagies for dinner.  My sister and brother-in-law had just returned from Russia.  My dad and my cousin were gifted with some hats after dinner.



Cousin Artie, seated, and his son Aaron

Sunday morning was a visit to my brother's house in the chaos of all the ladies getting ready for the wonderful party that night.  We got to meet Lola, my brother's family's new dog.


 
My daughter and I went into Chestnut Hill to walk the old downtown area and visit the outside of a couple of yarn shops,then we went to the King of Prussia Mall so she could check out the Apple store there.  Then home to dad's to change for the party.









The party was for all the 12 and 13 year olds.  It was held in a nightclub in Valley Forge.  There was a DJ and his crew leading everyone in dance moves and games for the kids.  It was all wonderful.




My sister Lisa, niece Mollie and me.
My brother Eric


We get to go to my younger niece's Bat Mitzvah in 2 more years.  I can't wait to see what my sister-in-law pulls out of the bag for that one!  She did a fabulous job with all of the planning.

A special thatnk you to my daughter Tessa for all of her wonderful pictures.

Regards,
Karen
OPYF
Hunter greets us at home.

No comments: