Monday, June 25, 2012

You Might Ask Yourself - What Am I Doing At The Fiber Factory So Much?

You may be scratching your head.  Why do I keep talking about The Fiber Factory?  What the heck am I doing there.  

Here's the story.  One day, over a year ago, one of the owners of The Fiber Factory found out I was a new member of the Arizona Desert Weavers and Spinners Guild.  Terri asked me if I would like to carpool to the meetings.  I would drive us to the once a month spin in and she would drive to the once a month member meeting.  Terri also serves on the board of our guild.

As time went by we became good friends.  

I have to tell you that it gets pretty lonely staying at home and typing in to the computer day after day.  Terri and her business partner Susan let me teach a class there that started this past January.  The class followed along with the Noni Ella Rediscovered Knit Along.  

Well, the teaching bug hit.  I took over a class for a teacher who was headed out of town.  Then I received an email to give my class ideas for the summer session.  The Fiber Factory invited me to do a Madelinetosh trunk show this past May.  Now I am the captain for the Tour de Fleece for the shop.  

It sure beats staying at home in the heat in front of my computer.  The fall schedule is coming up soon.  What do I want to teach next?


Feza Alp Oriental Blanket Kit

Min, who joined me at WWKIP Day

Two finished cowls from one of my classes


Scarf class I just taught.
Sweet Tomato Heel class
Happy Stitching!
Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: