Monday, November 05, 2012

Something You Might Like - Book Review

OK, I broke my promise and bought 2 new books.  But I used store credit, honest!  I was at The Fiber Factory teaching and spotted these 2 and had to add them to my collection.

I purchased 60 More Quick Baby Knits because I love the patterns in them  I own the first book in this series also.  Now I just need to wait a few years for my kids to find permanent companions ans decide to have little ones.  Some of my favorite patterns in this book are the Elephant Onesie, Ruffled Pants, Wave Motif Pullover, Tie Front Cardigan, Lace Blanket, Striped Top and Pant, Lace & Cables Cardigan, Octopus Beanie, Apple Tree Sweater, Bear Hat, Barnyard Play Mat and the Pocket Vest.  With 60 patterns to choose from, I am sure you can find a few in this book for the little ones in your life.
I started designing patterns last year.  The Swirl Beret was my first stab at it.  I really enjoyed the process.  My next pattern is waiting for a photo shoot, and there are several more projects on my needles.  I am always on the hunt for a good reference book for stitch patterns.  My friend Terri at The Fiber Factory put this on in my hands.

What I like about this book is that it doesn't just show a tiny 4x4 swatch of a design.  The samples are knitted over a large enough swatch, that you can actually see what it will look like in an overall pattern.  There are also several pages in the front of the book that are knitting tutorials.  I know I will love using this book for inspiration.

Happy Stitching!
Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: