Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Trip to Whidey Island To Visit Mr. Pocket Wheel!

On Tuesday we took a jaunt up to Whidbey Island.  I actually packed my spinning wheel in my luggage.  Mr. Pocket Wheel had offered to tune up my wheel if I brought it to him.

The drive took us through Deception Pass.  It is stunning!



We arrived at Mr. Pocket Wheel's house and received the grand tour!
Wheel parts waiting

Bobbins waiting to be sanded

Fantastic steps upstairs in the workshop

Mr. Pocket Wheel

My little girl!

Wheel body parts waiting for sanding

Some big wheels waiting to be finished

Plane collection

Big wheels waiting for the next stage of the process
SHEEP!

Ducks

Chicks



Mrs. Pocket Wheel's bobbins

Mrs. Pocket Wheel's collection

Bobbins waiting to be tested

Finished wheels waiting to be tested

Char's wheel, it's headed to Canada soon!

New Curly Koa parts for my pockeet wheel

New bobbin #1

New bobbin #2

The waiting list

The awful gear shift in our rental car. 

Lunch at Seabolt's Smokehouse
After lunch we drove to Belleview to drop off our heavy luggage before our Wednesday adventure and have some dinner.  Then we headed back to our rental house and packed for the next day.

Happy Stitching!
Regards,
Karen
One Planet Yarn and Fiber

1 comment:

Vernita said...

This is cool!