The ChiaoGoo needle selection was really picked over during the holidays. I was very happy to reorder and fill in some holes at the TNNA show. These needles are so beautifully crafted and sell for a reasonable price.
Double PointsAvailable in Natural color (5"/13cm, 6"/15cm and 8"/20cm) and Dark Patina color (6"/15cm and 8"/20cm). Needle size is permanently laser marked on the needles.
"Find A Cure." Breast Cancer Single PointsWesting Bridge will donate a percentage of "Find A Cure." sales to Living Beyond Breast Cancer (LBBC), a non-profit organization focusing on assisting women at all stages of diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Visit www.LBBC.org to find out more about this organization. "Find A Cure." 9-inch (23 cm) single points are embellished with a pink miracle bead. The design is transferred (NOT painted) and guaranteed to not come off on your yarn. Now in sizes 6 through 10.
9" Blue Flower Single Point. These are an all bamboo needle underneath a beautiful printed blue flower pattern. Available in sets or as single pairs.
1. Bamboo is a grass! There are more than 1,000 different species of bamboo in the world. More than half of them grow in China.
2. Moso bamboo is the largest and strongest bamboo. It is mostly grown in China (6.7 million acres), but can also be found in Japan (1.2 million acres). ChiaoGoo needles and hooks are made from Chinese Moso bamboo.
3. Bamboo grows very fast! A new bamboo stem grows to a full length of about 75 feet in only a few months and matures to hardness in about 5 years. Believe it or not, in the spring you can actually hear the bamboo growing! It sounds like an army marching through the forest!
4. One mother bamboo plant can create several new stems each year. A single acre of bamboo forest can be harvested year after year not only for mature bamboo, but also for new bamboo shoots which have a long history of use in the traditional Chinese kitchen. It is truly a fast, renewable resource!
5. BTW, Moso bamboo that ChiaoGoo needles are made from is not the same species that panda eat! Panda eat much smaller bamboo species!
MORE BAMBOO NEEDLE FACTS:
1. Because bamboo is quickly renewable, using bamboo needles is environmentally friendly.
2. Bamboo needles are approximately 60% lighter than aluminum needles of the same size, making knitting more comfortable.
3. Bamboo needles are very strong. Fibers under the bamboo's skin are extremely elastic and have tensile strength comparable to steel!