Sunday, October 24, 2010

Favorite Felted Bag Pattern This Week and I Went to the State Fair Today

I've noticed this week on the website that many people have been looking at this pattern.  It is a felted handbag, designed by Connie Chang Chinchio using our Lanas Puras yarns.  Here is the pattern info from our website-Knit up the hexagon bag easily in two shades of Lanas Puras yarn.  The fair isle main panels give a nice weight to the bag while the bottom and shaped side panels are worked in cushy garter stitch.  Install a zipper, knit the short shoulder strap and you're ready to go with a structured, elegant handbag for evenings out or Sunday shopping.


On a personal note (yeah, right), I attended the Arizona State Fair today.  I spent my morning in the sheep barn.  What a hoot!  The animals are so beautiful, it's just breathtaking.  I managed to snag the Grand Champion Fleece, a wonderful Romney ewe in a wonderful gray.  I also picked up some award winning Cotswold fleeces including a wonderfully soft ewe lamb's fleece.  Picture coming soon.

I also spent some time with the Spinner's Guild.  Although I didn't have my wheel I did bring my knitting.  To watch the eyes of the adults and children as they came by was priceless!  Pictures coming tomorrow.

Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: