Wednesday, February 23, 2011

March OPYF KAL - Noni Designs Perfect Fit Laptop Sleeve

I am so ready to do another Knit Along.  The last one was a blast!  

So, with my own needs in mind I have chosen to do Noni Designs Perfect Fit Laptop Sleeve.  Last Thanksgiving I purchased a new, larger laptop.  I usually use my little netbook, but the screen is a little small for my bifocaled eyes.  I did not purchase a laptop bag when I bought the computer, so I've decided to make one for myself and use this pattern.  I've also not really done felting by myself before, so this is a good place to start.




The next problem was to pick a yarn that is good for felted projects.  Noni Designs often uses Stonehedge Fiber Mill's Shepherds Wool, which I stock.  I love this yarn.  It is incredibly soft and I am really looking forward to knitting with it.  Now I have to choose a color or colors to work with for this project.  It can be done as a solid or with stripes.  So much to choose from!

I finally settled on Lime Green and Misty Blue.
I used my swift and ball winder to make the yarn easier to work with.
Wound up and ready to go!

I am very excited to start tis project.  I'll start knitting later this tomorrow or Friday.  There will be a topic posted on the One Planet Knitters Ravelry Forum so you can join in or follow along.

Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: