Friday, December 23, 2011

It Begins With This Email Every Month....

Once a month I receive this email.  It's always a very tantalizing email.  It engages my fiber lust and makes me set the alarm on my phone to remind me about this email.  

In the past, the timer has always rung when I am no where near my computer, but this time, this time in rang when I was sitting right in front of it.  

I immediately clicked through the link in this email and I was taken to "the page".  "The page" had not loaded yet.  So I waited and refreshed the page.  Then I refreshed it again, and again, and again until Voila! it loaded up three images.  

I clicked on each image and tried to add it to my shopping cart.  Each time it said "no product in cart".  Until the third image.  And then, the item was in my cart!  I couldn't believe it!  It was in my cart!  

I quickly went to the checkout section.  It forwarded me to PayPal where I dutifully put in my password, clicked the button and........nothing happened.  The page had stalled.  My computer had frozen.  OH NO!  

I quickly remembered NOT to shut the window.  I did a forced shut down.  When I relaunched the browser it asked me if I wanted to restore the previous session.  Of course I said yes, and there it was!  The PayPal page waiting for my password again.  This time it all worked just fine.  I finished the order and then!  I received the email confirming the purchase.

Last night my box was waiting for me when I got home.  I was so excited to open this present to myself.  What is all this fuss about?  Why, a Phat Fiber sampler box.

Each box costs $36.00 and that includes Priority Mail shipping.  What's in the box?  FIBER!  All kinds of bits and pieces of fluffy fantasy from individual fiber artists from all over.  But that's not all that is in each box.  Each month, different artists contribute samples of their own handwork and the box can include many kinds of surprises, like handmade soaps and knitting accessories.  And coupons!  Lots of coupons for discounts at these crafts peoples shops.

What was in my box?  My first ever Phat Fiber box? 
15 bags of fiber samples
3 stitch markers
A bag of tags for my finished handspun yarns
A pretty little mirror
2 candy canes
16 COUPONS!

Happy Spinning and Happy Holidays!\Regards,
Karen
OPYF








No comments: