Sunday, June 19, 2011

Update on WIP's

I wanted to give you a progress report on my WIP's.  I finished my Forbidden City Lace Shawl just before I left for my trip.  Boy, was I glad to have it with me!  The airport was freezing and then the plane's ac was too cold in our section.

Here are some photos I wanted to share with you.
My ever familiar stitch markers
Almost finished
Dubious end results before blocking
I had no clue if this was ever going to look like the pattern I knitted
Thank you to The Fiber Factory for lending me their supplies to block this.
Washed and rolled in a towel to absorb water
My footprints all over the towel
Blocking Board
Starting to pin down the shawl


Done with the blocking process.
While I waited over the weekend for my shawl to dry I cast on my Shipwreck Shawl, which is the June KAL.  The pattern is lovely, however, my attempts to start this project were not.  I posted numerous times on Facebook and Ravelry about how many times I frogged this and started over again.
I also cast on Never Not Knitting's Cedar Leaf Shawlette using Handmaiden's Lady Godiva in the Hemlock colorway.  I started this once I reached my dad's in Philadelphia.  I needed a project that was not as intricate as doing lacework.  There is starting to be a color theme for June!
I started back to work on the Shipwreck Shawl as soon as I was on the plane headed back home.  I made a mistake in round 10 of the Madeira section and tinked for a bit, but soon figured out that I had totally messed things up.  I put it aside until I was home, marked the problem spots and waited for my knitting buddy to come by the house.
She took one look at my work, said my size 4 needles were too small and the pattern was too tight.  Solution?  Rippit! back to the first stitch on size 6 needles.  Sigh.  I am at row ten, again.  

Oops!  I just dropped a stitch!  Darn, starting over again!

Happy Knitting!
Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: