Thursday, September 29, 2011

Arizona State Fair Competition Registration


This past Sunday I dropped off my entries for the Arizona State Fair.  I entered 3 skeins of hand spun that I won ribbons for in the County Fair.  I know the competition will be much stiffer at the State Fair.  Many of my fellow, long time guild buddies are also entered.  I was going to spin up some fresh skeins, but when my husband had his heart attack last month I just didn't have the energy to create something new.

I also entered 2 hand woven items.  The project from this past spring, which was my first weaving on a four harness loom and my rigid heddle woven cotton shawl with glass beads that I made last year.

I am really looking forward to seeing all the wonderful work created by Arizona crafts people.  There are so many talented people!

Of course the big draw for me is when they judge the shorn fleeces.  I wonder what I can capture this year?

Have you ever entered any of your work into a competition?  If so, what was it?

Happy Spinning!
Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: