Monday, September 12, 2011

Back in Arizona - Mary Glendinning

Hello to all my friends at OPYF!.  After two and a half months of relaxing in Canada I am finally back in Arizona and looking forward to reconnecting with all my friends and students.

Needless to say the summer was amazing!  It was very difficult to come home and leave the lake behind.  Of course there were a lot of things that needed to be done at the cottage that had not been done since I was last there - four years ago, but I made  time for knitting, spinning, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.

Just before I left Ontario I found a slightly used four harness, 32 inch Leclerc loom.  It will be a great enticement to head back next spring.  Until then I plan to attend more guild meetings, learn more about weaving and spinning and, of course, continue knitting!

While I was away I did receive word about my original Master Level 1 Knitting submission.  I have a few minor revisions to make to my pattern and to a swatch.  Apparently I am "very close" to completing this level so I will keep you posted on that.

I will be teaching at The Fiber Factory again this fall - so look for my classes.  I am teaching several of Alana Dakos' (from Never Not Knitting) patterns including a shawlette, two cowls and beret.  I look forward to hearing from all my friends - you can reach me here at OPYF or at mary.glendinning@gmail.com.  See you all soon!

Happy Knitting!
Regards,
Mary G
OPYF

No comments: