Thursday, January 27, 2011

Artyarns Cast On - KAL Crowned Glory Scarf

I will be adding in Artyarns in a few weeks.  These yarns are stunning.  I needed to get my hands on some, and fast!  

I have never done a knit along.  This has just changed.  Iris from Artyarns sent me the yarn I needed to participate in her most recent knit along, now to be called KAL.

Crowned Glory Scarf KAL
Most people know that I love working with these colors.  I have dyed quite a few fibers in a similar colorway.  Cashmere Glitter, which I will soon be stocking, and yes, in this color, is the yarn called for in the KAL.  It is 100% Cashmere with a strand of glittery Lurex.  Each skein is 50gm and 155m/170yd.  The yarn is all hand painted-one skein at a time!  It is made in the USA from imported fibers.

Cashmere Glitter in color 108
I wound the yarn into a ball Tuesday night using my swift and ball winder and then I cast on.

First section of the pattern on my Denise Interchangeable circular needles
This tool comes in very helpful with this pattern.  The pattern changes every row.  This magnetic board from my LYS, The Fiber Factory (480-969-4346), is the perfect tool to mark where I am in the pattern.

LoRan Magna Board
Another thing I find very useful for this pattern is a really good glossary with pictures of the knitting terms.  I grabbed my copy of this version of One Skein Wonders and opened it to the back.

101 DESIGNER one-skein WONDERS
It turns out the the 2 pages shown here had what I needed to interpret the shorthand in the pattern with visual instructions on how to knit the stitches.

Glossary of Terms
I will keep you up to date as I work on this pattern.  Want to join the KAL?  Cast on here!

Regards,
Karen
OPYF

No comments: